Caring for Sterling Silver plated Jewelry
- Avoid wearing your silver in mineral baths, spas and swimming pools, as the salt water and chlorine may affect the metal finish.
- Remove your jewellery before exercising or prior to bedtime. Excessive perspiration and body oils can sometimes surface tarnish the piece.
- Before you put any jewellery on, be sure any lotions, perfumes and make up are absorbed into your skin. Apply all hair products, especially hair spray, before you put on the jewellery.
- Remove all Sterling silver jewellery when cleaning. Harsh chemicals from dishwater detergents, house chemical will tarnish sterling silver.
- Do not store your Sterling silver jewellery next to heating vents, window sills or in a car. The less air and light your silver is exposed to when you aren’t wearing it, the less tarnish will occur, making it easier to have shiny jewelry for years to come. Caring for Sterling silver pieces.
- Your Sterling silver pieces should be cleaned with a special Sterling silver cloth. This will remove any tarnish and dullness and keep your Sterling silver jewellery looking like new.
- Never use tissues or paper towels for cleaning silver. These products will scratch the surface of the jewellery.
- Prior to storing, make sure your jewellery is dry, as moisture speeds the tarnishing process so it’s important to make sure your Sterling silver jewellery is dry before putting it away.
- Ideally, store your jewellery in a soft lined box or pouch. Try to keep pieces apart, so that they so don’t rub together or tangle up.